We set out below all the terms applying to bookings which you ask us, Severn Motorcycle tours Ltd trading as BWDE Motorcycle Tours, to undertake on your behalf. You should study them carefully.
General Terms – Accompanied tours
“You” are the customer; “Tour” is the tour you have selected from our site or brochure “We” and “Us” are Severn Motorcycle tours (Ltd) trading as BWDE Motorcycle Tours
If you wish to participate in any Tour or Event organised by us (BWDE Motorcycle Tours), it is your responsibility to read and understand our terms and conditions which are set out in this document and to confirm your agreement either by signing the booking form provided and/or providing written confirmation by e-mail.
Bookings: Are taken on a first come, first served basis and are subject to availability. A NON REFUNDABLE AND NON TRANSFERRABLE deposit per person will be required at the time of booking. Please see the tour details as these vary
Payments: BWDE Motorcycle Tours accepts bank transfer (preferably) or cheques as method of payment. You will be charged in the currency (GBP £ pounds sterling) as indicated on your sales order. You are responsible for any bank charges incurred as a result of transfer either by your bank or BWDE Motorcycle Tour’s bank and a confirmation will be sent to you at the time of receipt. You will be provided with an invoice advising of any outstanding balance and the date due which will be 10 weeks prior to the commencement of a tour or event.
Failed Payments:Failure to receive successful payment at any stage will result in cancellation of your tour and full loss of monies paid to that point.
Please note that payment in full is required for any booking which is made less than ten weeks prior to the date of departure of the tour.
Booking a shared room:
Where a booking for a shared room is made and no other booking is made to share with you, we may ask you to pay a surcharge for the use of the room on a single basis, this is usually calculated at a lower price to cover our out of pocket expenses. That said, we will make every effort to find a willing sharer.
Travel Vouchers:Where customers have been issued a Travel Voucher, these vouchers may only be used against a tour on sale on our website, they have no cash value and must be redeemed within the stated time frame in place at the time of issue. Bookings made using vouchers for part or full payment will be subject to our normal terms and conditions, in the event of a cancellation no refunds will be issued but we will always attempt, at our discretion, to allow transfers subject to availability.
If you cancel your booking, you must notify us in writing and the following terms apply:-
Loss of all deposit/s and one of the following:
• A full refund per person less any deposit paid, if notified at least 70 days before departure.
• A 75% refund per person less any deposit paid if notified 51-69 days before departure.
• A 50% refund per person less any deposit paid, if notified 50 – 32 days before departure
• A Nil refund will be given if notified less than 32 days prior to departure.
• A no-show always incurs 100% of all monies paid (Including deposit/s)
It is for this reason that we strongly recommend you take out travel insurance that covers cancellations, AT THE TIME OF BOOKING.
· Should you have to cancel your tour for any reason once the balance of payment is received at 70 days, you may transfer the booking to another suitable person (same sex and acceptable to anyone you were sharing with) providing a minimum of 2 weeks notice is given, this will incur a loss of your deposit plus any additional direct costs we may incur.
· Should any client decide to withdraw from a tour after its commencement, no refund will be given and BWDE Motorcycle Tours will not be liable for any additional costs incurred by that client.
· If you cancel your tour for personal reasons or reasons based on non-factual evidence, for example; virus outbreak, terrorism or weather. BWDE Motorcycle tours reserve the right to refuse to offer a refund in part or in whole.
If it has been announced by the FCO that it advises against all but necessary travel to the main location or a country included on the tour, we will offer an amended itinerary, or offer to move your booking onto another tour in the same season.
· Any changes to your personal details including email address, motorcycle details or any other personal information is subject to a £30.00 administration charge per amendment which we may apply at our discretion.
If we cancel
· BWDE Motorcycle Tours reserve the right to cancel a tour in extreme circumstances. Should this occur you will be given an option to move monies paid to another tour of your choice (subject to availability) or a refund as dictated by the relevant legislation.
· If any participant behaves in a manner which either endangers or causes distress or discourtesy to others, then BWDE Motorcycle Tours reserve the right to ask that participant to leave the tour. No monies will be refunded in this circumstance and BWDE Motorcycle Tours will not be liable for any additional costs incurred by that client.
· Should BWDE Motorcycle Tours need to cancel as a result of situations beyond our control we will not be held responsible or offer a refund/compensation. This could include but is not limited to the following; war, riots, civil unrest, terrorism, natural disaster or any unforeseen cancellations due to industrial disputes, and/or weather – acts of God.
· If you are delayed on your journey to join us, we cannot take responsibility for this. You will therefore be responsible for providing your own meals, accommodation and other travel arrangements where we do not directly provide you with travel to the tour start location and any other additional costs incurred.
· Under some circumstances the scheduled routes and overnight stops may change slightly from those advertised to allow for road closures, hotel adjustment, operational circumstance and unforeseen events. We will inform you of any changes to the itinerary in the tour pack provided before the commencement of any tours.
· We intend to adhere to the route described in the itinerary, however it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations. Any decision will be made solely at tour leader’s discretion, based on the safety of the tour and practical considerations. You agree to accept these unavoidable amendments should they be required.
· If weather conditions deteriorate on any day during a tour to such a degree that the client chooses to curtail the ride and seeks alternative accommodation, this will be undertaken at the client’s own discretion and BWDE Motorcycle Tours will not be responsible for any additional costs that this would incur.
· Currency Fluctuations: These may increase in the cost of your tour from the originally published price. We will absorb the cost of any increase up to 2%. Anything over 2% and we may need to invoice you. You will of course be informed of any increase in good time via email. Failure to pay an increase may result in the cancellation of your booking with no refund.
You the customer agree to have:
Suitable personal, medical, cancellation, travel and breakdown insurance in effect for the duration of your trip. These must include:
· Full insurance coverage for motorcycle riding with (if applicable) your pillion
· Travel insurance to cover any activities you plan to do and a Flying Doctor service if required, medical insurance, cancellation etc. We highly recommend that you check your insurance covers for abandonment / cancellation / curtailment. BWDE Motorcycle Tours is not liable in any such circumstance.
· Vehicle breakdown and accident recovery policies (including vehicle and personnel repatriation - where applicable), and that any repairs are the responsibility of the motorcycle owner and not BWDE Motorcycle Tours. All reasonable assistance will be provided at the time with the agreement of the client. However, should a participant be unable to carry on with the tour due to mechanical or accident damage then BWDE Motorcycle Tours will be unable to refund the cost of the tour
· If you cancel or divert from any motorcycle / event / tour before the end date you are liable for your own claim against your own insurance in any circumstance including but not limited to illness, accident or death.
• You must hold a full and valid license for the class of machine you are using for the country we are visiting. You
may need to obtain an International Driving Permit/License once we formally leave the EU. This can be obtained
from most major post offices.
· Your motorcycle must be insured, road legal and with visible/legal registration plates. Bikes should be in good condition with a current MOT. Each participant is responsible for their motorcycle in regards to care and use and for the conformity of it with the laws in force for each country visited on your specific tour. In the case of mechanical breakdown whilst riding your own Motorcycle you are responsible for recovery/repatriation and or repair of the motorcycle. All riders with pillion are responsible for their pillions safety.
· When booking a tour, please read the Tour Itinerary and be fully aware of the route, destinations and the approximate mileages for each day. It is the responsibility of the customer to assess their own ability and stamina for the tour and to have made the judgement that it is an appropriate tour for them. We cannot be held responsible if the customer is out of their comfort zone in regards to the mileages or nature of the roads on the tour.
· You must hold a valid certificate of insurance covering the motorcycle, rider and pillion (where relevant) – and comply with any requirements to notify their Insurance Company when travelling to specified countries in the EU.
· You are responsible for adhering to traffic regulations and laws of the country relevant to the tour, and are responsible for any penalty which may be incurred if they are discovered to be in breach of these laws
· Your passport is valid and up to date. Please be aware that duration left on the passport may change once we are fully out of the EU.
· current driving licence and original vehicle documentation are required to be carried at all times whilst riding on European tours
· You are expected to ride in a courteous and safe manner in respect to your fellow riders and road users. If we feel you are not riding in a safe and courteous manner and putting other members of the group or yourself at risk we reserve the right to ask you to leave the tour group and ride alone.
· BWDE Motorcycle tours operate a zero tolerance policy regarding any type of abuse. Any form of threatening or disruptive behaviour, verbal or physical abuse to another member of the group or towards any of our staff, contractors or tour leaders will result in you being expelled from the tour and your tour terminated with no refund. No claim for Consequential Loss will be accepted by BWDE Motorcycle Tours for other costs incurred in completion of the trip by you under this circumstance. No refund or compensation will be given in any way shape or form i.e. money – credit or towards another event or tour.
· If for any reason you choose to leave or exclude yourself from a tour before the end location, you will not receive any refund or compensation.
· Any injury, illness or fatality during the tour, is not the responsibility of BWDE Motorcycle Tours.
· Any motorcycle accident involving a participant with an unrelated third party, another participant or solo, will never be BWDE Motorcycle Tours responsibility.
· You are responsible for any additional charges to your room e.g. minibar, bar, meals if not detailed in the tour description. You must pay these charges direct to the hotel before departure. Failure to do this will result in an invoice for the charges plus a £50 administration fee.
· Participants agree that they are aware that in addition to the usual dangers and risks inherent in motorcycle travel some destinations have certain additional dangers and risks which cannot be eliminated given the nature of the tours. The risks include, but are not limited to travelling in mountainous terrain, physical exertion for which you may not be prepared, altitude, civil unrest, forces of nature, all forms of transportation, accident or illness in remote areas without means of rapid evacuation or proper medical facilities.
· We Are Responsible: For Any part of the program booked by us, where it is within our control, to ensure that it meets the standards as described in the brochure or publicity. You will be provided with comprehensive GPS data, detailed maps and full hotel addresses. The tour is accompanied purely at our discretion, in the event that your tour organiser becomes incapacitated by accident or illness, or otherwise unavailable BWDE Motorcycle Tours will endeavour to provide a replacement. However, if in exceptional circumstances this is not possible you agree to continue the tour without accompaniment using the tour notes, itinerary and hotel bookings provided.
· We Are NOT Responsible: for some amenities being out of order due to service requirements, weather conditions or lack of demand due to low client numbers in the hotel or other amenities such as parking space fees that you may have cause to require the use of.
· We are NOT Responsible for any personal injury, illness, death, losses or liabilities resulting from the use of amenities/hotel facilities including consumption of food, drink or alcohol that are provided by a third party.
· Please also note that some hotels will require a government issued photo ID and a credit card or cash deposit at check-in for incidental charges on your room.
· We will make every effort to communicate client requirements, e.g. dietary, with the hotels in advance of our tours, (please refer to the section on our booking form regarding dietary requirements / food allergies & dislikes). Please be advised that allocation of rooms at our hotels is at the discretion of the hotel management – we will endeavour to liaise with the hotels to meet any specific room requests.
· Where stipulated, the rating of the hotels on the tour is for guidance only and may not be representative of typical UK standards. We do not guarantee the rating of any hotel whilst on the tour and any rating listed in our literature or website is only a guideline. From time to time the hotel standards may diminish below the minimum standard we expect, in such instances, BWDE Motorcycle tours will not be held responsible or compensate if the standard of the hotel falls below customers’ expectations
Once your tour has commenced you will be provided in advance with a return ticket or booking reference which will ensure that you can return to UK in the event of insolvency of BWDE Motorcycle Tours, this is in accordance with The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018
During the course of a tour, should you have a complaint, your concerns should be highlighted to the tour organisers of BWDE Motorcycle Tours at the earliest opportunity who will endeavour to resolve the issue. If, however, you are not completely satisfied we would request that you send your complaint in writing (either by e-mail or letter), within 30 days of the event to:-
How do BWDE Motorcycle Tours use your information?
The details you provide to us are used for the purpose of ensuring that we have the correct information for you when a tour or event has been booked with BWDE Motorcycle Tours.
We may take photographs and film footage of any participant (and/or pillion) and your motorcycle whilst on tour. We reserve the right to use such material for any advertising, brochure, video production or for any other marketing uses without obtaining further consent.
· Your e-mail address is used to contact you with regard to the tour you have booked on and also to keep you updated of any other tours and events which we have.
· We ask for a contact telephone number in case of any query which may arise where we are unable to contact you via e-mail.
· Your postal address is requested for two reasons, 1) in case of an emergency on tour whereby we have to provide details to authorities such as the emergency services and 2) for our invoicing purposes.
· We ask for Medical information which we should be aware of In Case of an Emergency or medical situation whilst we are on tour.
· Dietary information is requested to assist us when arranging menus with our hotels.
· Motorcycle Make and Model information provides us with an understanding of the machines which will be joining us on tour. We ask for motorcycle registration details to be provided where a tour is outside of mainland UK and either a ferry or Eurotunnel booking is required. If the tour booked with BWDE Motorcycle Tours requires the use of Eurotunnel or a Ferry crossing a specific request may be made to you for Passport and Date of Birth Information.
· We may share personal information with other organisations, particularly hotels and crossing companies, who use this to complete and confirm your reservations.We will let them know about your booking and share data appropriate to this but they can’t contact you unless you direct. We will not share unnecessary sensitive information or your payment details.
· BWDE Motorcycle Tours will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to avoid unauthorised access or disclosure to a third party of any personal information provided to us.
· When you book a tour with BWDE your personal data from your booking form will be stored securely. Please be assured that we do not share your personal details with any other company / mailing list etc without your consent.
Say something interesting about your business here.
What's something exciting your business offers? Say it here.
Give customers a reason to do business with you.